Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, object given in /home/lizhenry/badgermama.com/wp-content/plugins/yet-another-related-posts-plugin/includes.php on line 395
Everything for Europe and at least 3 conferences has to fit inside two backpacks, one big and one small daypack! Help me out with some advice!
I was inspired by the Own 100 Things idea and various “packing light” sites including onebag.com.
I’ll be in three cities: London, Brussels, and Budapest. And, am moving around a couple of times within London. And I will be working full time, and keep in mind I’m mostly going to be getting around in a wheelchair and with taxis, so the less junk I have to carry, the better!
Here’s my packing list:
To wear on plane: jeans, tank top, guayabera, long sleeve flannel shirt
Clothes – in big backpack
– 1 pair of jeans
– 1 pair black pants
– pajama pants
– 4 tank tops
– 3 tshirts
– 1 other guayabera to wear over tank tops
– 1 nice suit jacket
– 1 fancy sleeveless shirt for suit
– 7 pairs of underwear
– 5 pairs of socks
– bathing suit (really, wind shorts; wear with tank top for bathing suit effect)
– cute skinny tie, bandana
Gadgets (mostly in small backpack)
– phone + charger
– camera + charger + mini-usb cord
– flip video
– eeepc laptop + cord
– folding cane with velcro strap
– Moleskine notebook
– at least 2 books
– crossword puzzle book
– small headphones
Bathroom stuff (attempting to be super minimal)
– hair wax junk, face scrub, antiperspirant
– nose irrigating squeeze thing
– eyedrops, lotion, qtips, earplugs, tampons
– kleenex (need lots on plane)
It looks like this, unpacked:
and here it is all bundled up in those “cube” compartment things, which I bought at the camping store in hopes it would turn me into one of those neat, organized people:
Here are my dilemmas. Help me out!
– skirt? (medium, black, utilitarian, house-dress-ish)
– miniskirt? (long-ish but above knee, black, pleated, cute)
– fancy black pants for suit? almost too tight, but still good
– big comfy tshirt for sleeping in?
– MacBook (ie big heavy computer, i would work faster from it)
– Fluevog boots, so cute, vanity, rather heavy
– hot pink psychedelic spats
– I will miss my big folding crutches
– I consider cutting one of my foam pillows in half and squashing it up
— because I am so fussy about pillows and my neck hurts at night
I don’t wear skirts much, especially since they are hard to manage in a wheelchair or on crutches. I could go without the big heavy boots. If I wanted a skirt, or even crutches, I could buy them in London.
Note that guayaberas really are the perfect thing. They are good over a tank top so you don’t have to wear a bra or sweaty tshirt but are still somewhat modest about your armpit hair and bralessness. They have lots of pockets! And they look cute!
But about those big heavy stompy cute swirly comfy Fluevog boots… Here’s where I need your advice.
What should I leave out? What have I forgotten?